22 January 2015

Air Fried Turmeric Chicken Wings with Curry Leaves

I know that about 2 months ago, I got the fancy kitchen gadget called Thermomix. Not long after that, I bought another kitchen gadget...Ooops!!


Please welcome my latest addition to my kitchen family, the Phillips Avance Collection Airfryer XL. Eating healthier and frying without oil. That got my interest!!! I must say, I've been using both my gadgets a lot and I kept telling my hubs that they're the best things that I've ever bought last year for my kitchen!!!

I was trying out my own recipe last week with the Airfryer, where I would traditionally have to deep fried it with lots and lots of oil. This time, with the Airfryer, I did not have to use a single drop of oil. Did I say that I am super impressed?


You can try this recipe with either chicken wings or drumsticks, but I personally prefer the wings. My only tip is, do note that the curry leaves will fly and might get stuck at the top grill. Make sure you get them out when you've finished cooking, otherwise they will get burnt when you use the Airfryer next time!

Air Fried Turmeric Chicken Wings with Curry Leaves
Recipe by Michelle Lee
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 21 minutes
Total time: 26 minutes

Ingredients

  • 1 kg chicken wings
  • 2 tsp turmeric
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground paprika/chilli
  • A pinch freshly cracked black pepper
  • A handful fresh curry leaves


Cooking Directions

  1. Cut the whole wing into sections; which are drumette, middle and tip. Discard the tips.
  2. Marinade all the ingredients except for curry leaves, preferably overnight.
  3. Preheat AF at 200 deg C for 3 minutes.
  4. Air fry the chicken wings at 200 deg C for 8 minutes.
  5. Throw in the curry leaves and air fry the chicken wings at 180 deg C for another 10 minutes.
  6. Serve with steam rice.



3 comments:

  1. I cooked chicken for my husband by using air fryer (I've white air fryer).Really it was so tasty. He is so happy with me. I need another recipe tips and black color top air fryer, have you another color?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I want to cook this for my children and cannot add chilli. Do you think it will still taste fine or is there anything else I should add to the recipe?

    ReplyDelete